In twenty days time, RZA makes his directorial debut with ‘The Man With the Iron Fists’, a martial arts film based in nineteeth century feudal China. Having an estimated budget of $20 million and an all star cast of beautiful people, it would be highly unjust for RZA not to produce a bangin’ soundtrack to accompany the awesome visual we have seen in the trailers.
So RZA does one better, teaming up with film and video game composer, Howard Drossin to craft the score in to motion while bringing some [not all] of The Wu Tang Clan together along of some friends to develop the highly anticipated soundtrack to the film.
Releasing a week before the film, RZA has sets free one of the main tracks of the album, named after an old 1980’s kung fu flick ‘Six Directions of Boxing.” Assembling clan members GZA, Cappadonna, Inspectah Deck, Ghostface Killah, U-God and Masta Killah – the members bring their own styles of lyrical kung fu into the ring and providing an onslaught of flow from all angles.
A Wu-comeback ? … not just yet, but its a good enough place to start!
1. “The Baddest Man Alive” – The Black Keys & RZA
2. “Black Out” – Ghostface Killah, M.O.P. & Pharoahe Monch
3. “White Dress” – Kanye West
4. “I Forgot To Be Your Lover” – The Revelations feat. Tre Williams
5. “Get Your Way (Sex as a Weapon)” – Talib Kweli and Res
6. “Rivers of Blood” – Wu-Tang Clan & Kool G Rap
7. “Built for This” – Method Man, Freddie Gibbs & Streetlife
8. “Poverty’s Paradise” – 24-Carat Black
9. “The Archer” – Killa Sin
10. “Just Blowin’ In The Wind” – RZA & Flatbush Zombies
11. “Chains” – Corinne Bailey Rae
12. “Tick Tock” – Pusha T, Raekwon & Joell Ortiz
13. “Green is the Mountain” – Frances Yip
14. “Six Directions of Boxing” – Wu-Tang Clan
15. “Bust Shots (Bonus Track)” – Inspectah Deck, Sheek Louch & Ghostface Killah