Back in 2010, when this website was just five months old, we featured an album that was almost forgotten about, had it not been for Edo Bouman’s (a Netherlands based record collector) 2002 discovery in a record shop in Delhi we wouldn’t be talking about, nor getting to experience it LIVE!
Eight years later, the 1982, 10 RAGAS TO A DISCO BEAT by Charanjit Singh was reissued the record Edo’s record label; BOMBAY CONNECTION and things have never been the same.
The man who invented acid house music predating the sounds that came out from Detroit in the 80’s is coming to the UK. Charanjit Singh, who in two days transpositioned classical Indian Ragas using a Roland Jupiter-8 keyboard, a Roland TR-808 drum machine and a Roland TB-303 to produce a visionary record.
This very man will be performing in London for the very first time, along with HEEMS of New York based hip hop group, DAS RACIST at other shows.
- Nov 1: Brussels, Belgium (Le Bar Du Matin) SOLO
- Nov 2: London, England (Shacklewell Arms) SOLO **
- Nov 3: Glasgow, Scotland (La Cheetah) SOLO
- Nov 6: Copenhagen, Denmark (Teater Grob) WITH HEEMS
- Nov 7: Malmo, Sweden (Mitt Möllan) WITH HEEMS
- Nov 9: Amsterdam, Holland (OCCII) WITH HEEMS
- Nov 10: Antwerp, Belgium (Scheld’apen) WWITH HEEMS
** Shacklewell Arms,
71 Shacklewell Lane, London E8 2EB